Friday, January 17, 2020

Day #11

Today was a big day for me. We had the wonderful opportunity to meet the lovely people working at Creative Visions. We also came to CBS again for an episode of Carol's Second Act afterwords.

Dan, Amy, and Kathy Eldon's story is one that I didn't think would wind up having a hook on me as I grew older. It surely did though, and I found myself very excited to head over to their studio in Malibu to finally meet them after the past few years after first discovering them. Kathy and Amy were both incredibly kind people who welcomed us warmly. Kathy said that she was honored to have us, but really it was the other way around. It was an huge honor to be welcomed into not just her studio, but her home for a meal as well.

The recording of Carol's Second Act was oddly enough the smoothest feeling one to sit in on for some reason. Maybe it was just because we've done it a few times now and have gotten used to it. I was able to pay very close attention to the boom mic cranes and camera operators this time though. I was able to watch the operators for the boom's flick the mic around like crazy to keep lined up with whoever was talking and also the fact that they used the mics to search for as buzzing lightbulb which was really neat.

In all today I think I grew a stronger appreciation for people working in the field. The skill and wit of the mic operators in CBS, and the hospitality, extreme care and passion that the members of Creative Visions put into their creative activism.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Devin, Glad to see you're learning a lot during your trip. I agree, having a deep appreciation for those doing the work you hope to be doing is in important. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication and sacrifice. Keep up the good work. Ed

    ReplyDelete