Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Day #9

Double audience show day!

We got right on over to Paramount Studios to view a recording in the audience for Dr. Phil! A really surreal experience knowing that I'd watched the show off and on for most of my life and now sitting in to not only see the episode unfold in front of me, but to look at everything going on around it.

They had multiple cameras, four being your "standard" set up, then one crane can, and a body stabilized one. Tying that all together was watching how the production assistants handled the show as well as the busy bee that was the floor manager darting around.

After that we found ourselves at CBS to sit in for another sitcom, this one being "Last Man Standing" which had a much clearer view of what was going on in between takes, as well as a much more laid back feeling overall due to just how goofy everyone down on the show floor was.

The big learning takeaway from these two events were that I was starting to really click in the knowledge I had previously learned from my Television Production class as well as what I'd learned from P.A. Bootcamp. I was enjoying myself watching the shows while also finding plenty of time to glance and observe the behind the scenes, that funnily enough, was right in front of us.

1 comment:

  1. How cool is it getting to see one of your staple tv shows filmed in front of an audience! Remember this trip always, this is truly a once in a lifetime chance to experience and learn more about something you are obviously very passionate about.
    Prof. Shanks

    ReplyDelete