Saturday, January 18, 2020

Day #12

Another nice and packed day. This time it was a tour in Universal Studios and Sony Pictures Animation and then dinner with another person who works in the field!

Universal was actually a bit of a surprise, I wasn't really expecting the tour to have had so many original large sets like the Bates Motel and two of the buildings from Jim Carrey's The Grinch. There was also a set for something being filmed by an Access Hollywood crew, which was assume by their logo being very present all over the set. It seemed to be for a commercial spot due to how their actors were talking.

Sony Pictures Animation I fully expected to like and thanks to Caleb Bomysoad for hooking us up, we got a great little tour with some insightful talks to staff members about the world of animation. Including storyboarding, concept art, start to end development, and the levels of animation.

To close out the day, we got to sit down with Andrew Inglin, a cinematographer and animator. He was a great time to have around and allowed us to pick his brain for a while.

From this day, I felt very tired all day but yet I was still able to keep myself up and interested in what was going on. My eyes looked over Universal, and my ears honed in on information from those at Sony and Andrew. For that, I'm grateful for the opportunity to listen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment